Wednesday, November 23, 2005

NOT4NOTHIN’S THANKSGIVING ‘THANKFUL’ LIST

(numbered but not in any particular order)

1. I am thankful I have a job and a salary (for as small as it is).
2. I am thankful I am healthy and have insurance that covers the times I am not.
3. I am thankful for 2 parents who love me no matter what, support me both emotionally and professionally and who are 2
of my best friends.
4. I am thankful I have the common sense needed to get through an entire day.
5. I am thankful for the handful of real friends I have and would do anything for.
6. I am thankful that the handful of real friends I have love and cherish me, flaws and all (and there are many).
7. I am thankful that Madonna has released a successful album this time around (despite the ‘I Love NY’ song).
8. I am thankful that despite how sick my grandmother is that she wakes up every morning, enjoys another day and
continues to fight to stay alive.
9. I am thankful that people like Margaret Perrin (the crazy Christian woman from ‘Trading Spouses’) live in a state far, far
away from me.
10. I am thankful that I met my boyfriend when I did and not during my ‘fcuk ‘em and leave ‘em’ phase.
11. I am thankful that I have fallen in love with a person who would never hurt me intentionally, respects and adores me and
pushes me everyday with my creativity, thoughts and never allows me to settle.
12. I am thankful that each and every time I have had sex I have achieved an orgasm.
13. I am thankful for the gift of my creativity and the fact that I have been able to make a career out of it.
14. I am thankful that after 50+ years of living, my father finally seems happy and content with his life, where he has been and where he is going.
15. I am thankful that there are only 1,133 days (give or take) left to George W’s term as president.
16. I am thankful that the number above decreases each and every day.
17. I am thankful that I can call NYC my home even though I do not currently live there.
18. I am thankful my grandmother taught me as little not4nothin to have a voice for myself and make sure that voice is
heard in a respectful, dignified manner.
19. I am thankful that I got to know and love an aunt of mine the way I did (although I really would have loved for her to see
me as a man and I think our time was cut way too short).
20. I am thankful for the first time my parents took me to a Broadway show (I have been hooked ever since). It was ‘Annie’
in case you were wondering.
21. I am thankful that both my parents taught me to have an open mind and to accept people who are different than I am.
22. I am thankful that I have been granted with the intelligence and desire to learn more about those who are different than
I am.
23. I am thankful for all of our troops who are overseas defending our freedoms and risking their lives in order to protect
mine.
24. I am thankful that the people I personally know in the armed forces remain safe and sound at the end of each day.
25. I am thankful for George Lucas and the original ‘Star Wars’ trilogy he has given us. And I guess I am a little thankful for
‘Revenge of the Sith.’
26. I am thankful that the movie version of ‘Rent’ finally comes out on the big screen today.
27. I am thankful that my years full of waiting for this movie are now over.
28. I am thankful that I can recognize my past mistakes and my flaws, acknowledge them and hopefully learn from them in
the hopes of not repeating them.
29. I am thankful that the Yankees at least made it into the playoffs this year.
30. I am thankful that Derek Jeter still has the finest a$$ in the Major Leagues.
31. I am thankful that for a white boy I was blessed with the gift of rhythm and have the ability to turn a few heads on the
dance floor if I want to.
32. I am thankful that I had the childhood I did.
33. I am thankful that I survived being held up at gunpoint 2 and a half years ago completely unharmed (with the exception
of some of my dignity).
34. I am thankful that I live in a country in which I have the freedom to voice all of my feelings, opinions, beliefs and
criticisms openly and post them on the Internet for anyone in the world to read.
35. I am thankful that despite the prejudice and hate mongers in the world that there a few members of the gay community
who have not let discrimination stop them in their desire to get married.
36. I am thankful that I do not have any regrets in any of the decisions I have made in my life.
37. I am thankful that my boyfriend has a dog and not a cat.
38. I am thankful that I am who I am.
39. I am thankful that without a scientific miracle I will never have to go through the experience of giving birth.
40. I am thankful that there are only 28 days left until I go home for Christmas.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE. EAT, DRINK AND BE MERRY. HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home